Thursday, May 25, 2023

First Dip into Digital Art

I just had to share my recent creative escapade using Gimp and a Deco Mini7 XP-Pen tablet. I wanted to dip my toes into digital art.

I foraged through my photos and found one of some goslings that could use some fixing up.


I used the pen tablet as my digital canvas and played around with the Gimp layers. The sensitivity of the tablet allowed me to control the brush strokes with finesse, resulting in an almost hand-drawn feel.



Gimp offered a plethora of tools to play around with. I tweaked colors, textures, and lighting to infuse the artwork with a certain mood. The brush options were good, but I think I might want to try Corel Draw. They offer a better variety of painter-like brushes.


I also have a program called Clip Studio Paint that is more designed for Manga but might be useful for drawing. I haven't gotten a hang of that one, yet. When I become an expert with the pen, I may try Corel Draw's light version. But, I don't want to invest too much at this time.

No comments: